Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My Journey to a heathier ME!


As of now, we are NOT trying to get pregnant. I have decided to take charge of my weight loss battle and take care of ME for once. I have been in a fog since my first miscarriage and wanting so much to have another one that I let myself go. I didn't take good care of me.. didn't exercise much and put on weight during the holidays. I decided on Jan. 15, 2010 to join Nutrisystem. I using their method of portion control and glycemic index control. I followed their online plan and listed the foods and lost my first 2.2 lbs. before the meals arrived. I started the NS meals on Jan.27th, exactly 28 days from today(Feb. 23rd). I am down a total of 12.6lbs and am loving the new me!

What changes have I made one my ask? I am eating 5 to 6 vegetables a day plus 3 servings of fruit! I have never eating that many and found it hard just eating 4 servings total before. I now eat the vegetables before the meal and am feeling so satisfied through out the day. I still have days that I crave certain foods or just feel hungrier. On those days I drink a flavorful drink mix with fiber that tastes just like lemonade and/or tea. I didn't like them at first but noticed I had to pour hot water to dissolve the crystals. I also will eat another vegetable, drink tea, or exercise to get over any cravings and that seems to work. I am also more conscious of what foods my family eats and needs. I am making different vegetable dishes and keeping them interesting.

Where am I feeling a difference in my weight? After the first 10lbs I began feeling lighter in my breasts, waist, face, hips, and fingers. My daughter is noticing a change and will tell me so. My husband is seeing a change and will share that with me also. As the weight comes off I am looking forward to wearing some of my clothes I stopped wearing before this last pregnancy.

Since I bought the Wii and Wii fit plus I have incorporated exercise and more strength training into my work out. It is fun and I look forward to exercising instead of pushing myself! I have a long journey to go but am excited and motived once again! I hope to post more on my journey every couple weeks. Have a Blessed month of March!

No comments: