Thursday, September 20, 2007

Passing of a loved one..



On June 28th, 2007 my mother-in-law passed away after fighting many years with colon cancer. We only met in person two times in our lives but we kept in touch via phone and e-mails. I met Sande the first time I met Ryan Feb. 23, 2002. She always had a calming and encouraging way about her. I miss not being able to talk to her on the phone and share Emily's daily happenings with her. We miss her very much but know she is in a better place.
Here is our only picture of our little one that we miscarried Aug.1, 2007. I was 8.5 weeks along.

Gently they go,


the beautiful , the tender, the kind;


Quietly they go,


the intelligent, the witty, the brave.


I know. But I do not approve.


And I am not resigned.


Poem by Edna St. Vincent Millay(1900's lyrical poet and play writer)


Mother’s Pride


She gave me life and nurtured me


When I was like a budding tree.


She showed me what is false and true,


And how to smile when I was blue.


She taught me almost everything


That life would someday bring,


Taught me what was right or wrong,


How to read, to sing a song.


Now she’s with a Shining Star,


Time is running like the tide


And I have wandered very far


With memories of my Mother’s pride.

Poem by Ken and Sandy Parrish

No comments: