Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Reminiscing



My husband Ryan and I have been knowning one another almost 6 years now. He is from Long Island, New York. He moved to Louisiana almost 12 years ago to live with his Grandma Norma. She lived in Abbeville, Louisiana. We met online Nov. 2001 on kiss.com and met in person February 23, 2002. I found out this Christmas that through Jesus, Ryan's grandmother(unknowingly) made it possible for Ryan and I to meet in person. While Ryan's mom and her husband Richard were visiting from out of state, Grandma Norma asked if everyone wanted to go for a ride and visit the small town of Natchitoches, Louisiana. I was living there with my daughter Evanna almost 3 years. Ryan then mentioned he knew someone from Natchitoches and would like to see if she wanted to meet. My mom was in town for my birthday(Feb. 21st). I got the call and we made plans to meet down town by front street. I don't remember all that went on that day only that I was recovering from a sore throat and upper respiratory infection. I remember being slightly nervous while my mother and I drove to front street. I wouldn't recommend meeting anyone in person with out someone there as a look out. Anyhow, I walked along the water where the ducks were gathering. I tried not to look too anxious. Along came a good looking, dark haired guy wearing a blue jean jacket. I wasn't sure it was him until he came closer. We said hello and exchanged hugs.( at least I think we did). He mentioned his family was at a restaurant nearby. My mom and I walked to the front street restaurant. I can't remember the name of the restaurant. Ryan's family was all gathered around sipping coffee and eating treats. They welcomed us to the table and introduced themselves. I had the privilege of meeting Ryan's mom and her husband, and his grandma. We talked for a while then went walking around to the nearby shops. Ryan and I didn't get to talk much that day. We did meet up again and started seeing one another from then on.
In the five and a half years we have know each other, we have been through a life time of challenges. God has and continues to work wonders on our relationship. We grow stronger in our faith, love, and communication each and every time we are together. I pray one day Ryan will work closer to home and that we will remarry in a church and have the honeymoon we never had.
Ryan has been working offshore as a Mud Logger since Emily was born in 2003. He can be gone as long as 3 months. This hasn't been easy on either one of us. We talk everyday either on the phone or using yahoo instant messenger. As Emily gets older she also seems to miss her daddy very much while he is away. Emily looks forward to welcoming daddy home and almost immediately craves his attention.
We are once again trying for another little one. I will be 40 next year and am ready to have one more child. I wasn't ready mentally or physically a year ago and may not really be ready physically. Emily's delivery left me with a vertical scar on my uterus that will make it impossible or unsafe to go into labor. I had so many complications before and especially after the delivery that I know God was looking out for me. I had HELLP syndrome, high sugar, high blood pressure and my kidneys were working overtime. I was in the hospital 2weeks fighting for my life while Emily was in the NICU almost two month fighting to survive her prematurity. This was the reason why I waited this long to try and conceiving again. I have talked to Emily about having another brother or sister. She seems to think we will have a boy cause she asks me when her brother will be here. I pray this time next year we will have a small bundle of joy in our arms once again. I pray for an uncomplicated pregnancy, delivery and recovery!... in Jesus name Amen.
Ryan and I turned in our 6 month rental agreement and have started the long and drawn out process of searching for a home to buy. I did the pre-qualifying mortgage over the phone and now have an idea what kind of house we can afford. If there are any of you out there that have advice on home buying please send me an e-mail or post. We can use all the help. With Ryan away at work, I am going at this alone... with Gods' guidance. I will close for now. Continue to have a Blessed week! Tiffany Nicole


May the God who gives endurance and encouragement gives you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus, so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.


( Romans 15:5 ).


May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. ( Romans 15:13 )

2 comments:

Robin said...

Tiffany - nice site and you are definitely related to Sonja Howell - not short on words. That is good especially if you plan on blogging. Brevity helps, but some things can only be properly conveyed in full, no short cuts. The picture of your two daughters is beautiful. Keep on pursuing the Lord in all you do including the blog. He has a plan for you guys.

As for the house stuff, never get over your head, live below your means - and don't let the emotion of the moment trick you into buying 'too much house'. The way I pray is for the doors to be open wide or shut tight.If we find anything out here in Central or hear of anything in town, we'll let you know. Where specifically were you looking? E-mail me.
God bless- George.

Anonymous said...

Tiffany, Sonja just emailed this blog site to me. I have been pouring out tears reading it. My heart aches at not being close to my sisters in many ways. I miss you guys so much sometimes that I can't help crying over these personal readings that I see you guys post and then I think that there is so much that I don't get to experience with you guys. Always try to take time to do things with your other sisters for life is so short and they are not far. Amen to Evanna and Emily. They are both a blessing. I love you guys. Your sister, Pamela